- McKinney v University of Guelph,  3 SCR 229.
- Supreme Court of Canada held that the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms does not apply to the universities in question, as they are not government bodies and were not implementing specific government policies or activities.
- Pridgen v University of Calgary, 2012 ABCA 139.
- Alberta Court of Appeal held that the University of Calgary was not a "Charter free zone" because it was implementing the governmental function of providing education.
- Manitoba Human Rights Code, CCSM c. H175.
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, CCSM c.F175.
- Labour Relations Act, CCSM c.L10. See s.80.
- Personal Investigations Act, CCSM c. P34.
- Bill 28: The Public Services and Sustainability Act
- University of Manitoba Act, CCSM c. U60.
- s.16(1) Powers of Board
- s.34(1) Powers of Senate
- Faculty By-Laws, Decisions and Policies.
- Final Exam Regulations.
- Exam rules and Etiquette.
- Academic Freedom and Responsibilities.